Redbot Software Inc has announced the release and immediate availability of ABC Matching 1.2.0, an update to their educational app for iPhone and iPod touch. ABC Matching serves to help parents teach their children the alphabet, based on popular letter matching activity books used in schools. The child is shown four animal characters or items, along side four letters of the alphabet. The child can tap on the character to hear the name read to them. They can also tap the letter to hear it's name and correct phonic pronunciation.
As the child draws a line with their finger, matching each letter to a character, they are encouraged with feedback. The app will auto correct, and ask the child to try again if they make a mistake. There are sparkly stars that appear as they draw on the screen with their finger, which adds an additional layer of fun for the child.
Each time the app is used, it generates random combination of matchable pages, twenty at a time. When the child completes a round they are presented with a rewards page with a score. Parents can use this app to keep their children entertained while traveling in the car, at the store, in a waiting room, etc. And instead of playing sometimes questionable games, the child can have fun and learn with Artie Anteater and his friends.
* Sparkly stars, tap to hear, and auto-correct
* Points are awarded throughout the app for completing each match
* The child will hear encouragement throughout app and at the end with their high score
New with update 1.2.0:
* Improved feedback options. When a child makes a mistake, they are encouraged to "try again" or "you can do it" or "almost there"
* High resolution images replace all characters and artwork throughout the app. (Optimized for iPhone 4 retina display)
* Many performance improvements and optimizations
Pricing and Availability:
ABC Matching 1.2.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Kids & Educational Game categories.
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4