Instapaper, a popular application to save web pages for later reading, has been updated to version 2.3.
Save web pages for later offline reading, optimized for readability on your iPhone or iPod touch's screen. Featured by Apple and critically acclaimed by top blogs, newspapers, and magazines!
Great for long articles and blog posts that you find during the day and would like to read, but don't have the time when you find them. Save with Instapaper, then read later when you're commuting, in a meeting, or waiting in line.
- Saves most web pages as text only, stripping away the full-sized layout to optimize for the iPhone and iPad screens
- Distraction-free reading environment gets out of your way so you can focus on the content
- Everything you download is then available **OFFLINE**, so you can read whenever you want, even on airplanes or on Wi-Fi-only devices away from internet connections
EXCLUSIVE TO THE PAID EDITION:
- Adjustable fonts, text sizes, line spacing, and margins
- Dark mode for night reading
- Dictionary lookups
- Tilt scrolling, page-flipping
- Article sharing via email, Tumblr, or Twitter
- Rotation lock
- Download up to 500 articles on your iPhone or iPad, and store unlimited articles on the Instapaper website
- Preview links in the built-in browser without leaving the app
What's New In This Version:
- Article list on iPhone now includes the first few lines of text from articles, like on iPad. On iPad, more text is now shown. The text is downloaded for new articles only: RE-DOWNLOAD ALL ARTICLES in Settings for it to apply to your previously downloaded articles.
- Article list now indicates approximate article length and progress with a row of dots, similar to how it's done on a Kindle's home screen.
- iPad updates are MUCH faster.
- iPhone can now toggle Dark mode from articles, like iPad, in the font panel.
- New option to switch to Dark mode automatically at night, based on sunset times in your region. (This is so cool.)
- Overhauled logins to tolerate username changes, give more helpful errors, and fix the "username is already taken" bug.
- New Sharing options: Send to OmniFocus, Send to QuickReader (supported by its next version), Copy Link, Copy Article Text. Also fixed sharing bugs with Twitter and Twittelator Pro.
- New option to skip the in-app Browser and open links directly in Safari.
- New feature to verify that you're using the same account in the app and Mobile Safari and sync to your choice of accounts if they differ.
- Simplified bookmarklet installation and improved help text.
- Fixed handing of in-page anchors (including most footnotes) and mailto: links.
- Added support for the "ihttp://" URL scheme, so if you can't get the bookmarklet, the email address, or Copy working to add pages, you can edit Safari's URL field and insert an "i" before the "http://", tap Go, and Instapaper will launch and offer to add that page.
- Fixed miscellaneous bugs.
You can purchase Instapaper from the App Store for $4.99.
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4