IK Multimedia has announced iRig Mic: the first handheld quality condenser microphone for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
iRig Mic is ideal for the singer, vocalist and songwriter on the move, but also perfect for recording speeches, instruments, performances or any other sound sources in the studio, on stage or in the field.
The iRig Mic features a highly unidirectional electret-condenser microphone capsule that provides quality recording, in both close mic and long distance mic conditions, and real-time monitoring with its dual mini-jack connector.
A three-level gain switch makes it instantly adjustable for any sound pressure condition - from soft speaking to loud playing. Its familiar form is perfect for handheld performance, plus it can be mounted on any mic stand leaving the iOS device free for app operation. Its rugged metal body is road-ready for the mobile musician.
iRig Mic also comes with VocaLive free, IK's new real time effects processor app suite for the singer and vocalist, iRig Recorder, the new IK free audio recording app and AmpliTube Free, the best selling app for guitar players and songwriters. iRig Mic also works with a multitude of other vocal and audio recording or processing apps for the iOS platform.
iRig Mic features:
· Ideal for all vocal applications from singing to speech
· Great for all types of sound recording or processing in music or any other audio application
· Quality electret-condenser unidirectional capsule
· Dual mini-jack connector allows real-time monitoring on headphones, speakers, mixers and PAs
· Rugged, durable metal housing
· Easy to set-up for any sound source
· Can be handheld or placed on a standard mic stand
· Comes with apps for singers, speakers and songwriters
· Can be used with a multitude of other apps
· Compatible with any iPhone, iPod touch (with mic input) and iPad
The iRig Mic is available to pre-order now for $59.99.
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4