Apple's handling of Antennagate went against five key rules of handling a public relations crisis, according to a report by Joshua Gans in the Harvard Business Review.
For several weeks, Apple looked like a laughing stock. But by mid-July, the issue was gone. And not just negated, but pretty well forgotten.
How did Apple achieve this seemingly impossible public relations feat? By breaking 5 key "rules" ingrained in the public relations playbook. Jobs & co. did none of these — and that is why he succeeded in capturing the higher ground.
Five Rules Apple Broke:
1. Apologize and take full responsibility.
2. Don't create expectations with a media event.
3. Announce the give away first.
4. Avoid specific comparisons with competitors.
5. Don't air your industry's dark secrets.
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4