AnandTech has posted detailed benchmarks of the new A5 processor and display found in the iPad 2.
Points of Interest:
● It's safe to say that there are a pair of ARM Cortex A9s in there
● Geekbench reports the iPad 2 at 512MB of memory, double the original iPad's 256MB.
● L2 cache size has also apparently increased from 512KB to 1MB.
● Stdlib write test which shows a near doubling of bandwidth from 1.2GB/s to 2.3GB/s
● 31% increase in single threaded integer performance over the A4
● There appear to be multiple panel vendors in play here
● iPad 2 seems to be marginally brighter with a bit worse black levels than the original iPad, resulting in a lower contrast ratio
Ahead of their GPU benchmarks AnandTech has posted side by side comparisons of Infinity Blade taken from the iPad 1 and iPad 2 optimized versions. Check out the improvement below...
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4