Adva-Soft has announced TouchRetouch 2.1 for iOS, an update to their remarkable photo app that allows the user to remove almost anything from a photo, without leaving the slightest visual cue that the photo has been retouched. Employing the latest multiple-patch content fill algorithms, the app can remove people or objects and replace them with a convincing, seamless rendering of the surrounding background. The app also features an advanced clone stamp tool for advanced retouching. Both automatic and manual retouching modes are available. The automatic retouching works perfectly for photos with relatively small objects to be removed and/or a fairly uniform background. The manual retouching (clone stamp tool) allows the user to remove relatively large objects and/or fill complex, patterned backgrounds.
Just a few ideas what TouchRetouch could be used for:
* Remove spots from sky or other backgrounds
* Remove wires from your picture
* Remove banners from the buildings
* Remove human-made objects from nature views (e.g., bridges, buildings, tents, ships etc.)
* Remove your shadow from self-made picture
* Remove people from the photo
* Remove ghosts and flare
* Remove surface breaks
* Smooth and retouch the face
* Create funny pictures (e.g., remove the bicycle from under the cyclist)
Before TouchRetouch release, object removing technique was only available for PC users. Now, for just $0.99 (USD) any iOS user can get a window on the world of advanced, automatic, digital photo retouching.
Originally introduced in May 2010, TouchRetouch 2.1 is a mature app that functions smoothly and offers various convenience features. Significantly, the app is capable of working with large, high-resolution photos, in excess of iPhone 4's 2592 x 1936 maximum. Also, the app can provide a 1:1 display of all the pixels in any part of the photo, an aid in delicate, manual retouching. Whenever displaying a photo, scaled to fit the screen or not, the app has an inset window that shows what is directly under the user's fingertip, permitting any desired level of accuracy, even on the small iPhone display. The app includes user settings, textual localized help, built-in video tutorials, both portrait and landscape modes support, direct connectivity with both Adva-Soft tech support and online user forum, and in-app sharing of photos via e-mail, Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, and Twitter.
* Unlimited Undo/Redo actions
* Smart background image recovery techniques
* No distortions in final image
* Easy to use interface
* Original resolution images support
* In-app video tutorials, and localized text instructions
* Finger move hint
* Application settings
* Advanced clone stamp tool
* Both portrait and landscape modes support
* Flickr, Facebook, Picasa, Twitter direct sharing
* iOS 4 multitasking support
* Optimized algorithm for large-scale pictures
* Brilliantly clear 1:1 image viewer for all iDevices
"TouchRetouch has become extremely successful, and it has many uses," stated Co-Founder Roman Kutelmakh. "People use it to make their photos more artistic by removing wires or signs; some make amusing trick photos of people in mid air; photographers use it to remove blemishes from portraits. If you need fast, simple results, automatic retouching works perfectly. And if you want to do advanced, detailed retouching, clone stamp tool is available."
* English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
Pricing and Availability:
TouchRetouch 2.1 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Photography category. A free demo version that leaves a watermark on the photo is also available. Review copies are available upon request.
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4