More evidence that Apple is building its own maps solution has been found in iOS 5, according to MacRumors.
The site was tipped off to a new "Map Data" section in iOS 5's legal disclaimers. This section is separate from Google Map's terms and many of the companies do not overlap.
• CoreLogic - offers Parcel data which marks boundaries for of properties to provide positional accuracy in location-based solutions.
• Getchee - provides location and market data on China, India and Southeast Asia.
• Increment P Corp - provides location and traffic data for Japan.
• Localeze - provides local business listings.
• MapData Sciences Pty Ltd. Inc - provides mapping data for Australia and New Zealand.
• DMTI - provides postal code data for Canada.
• TomTom - offers global TeleAtlas mapping data which is also licensed by Google for their map solution.
• Urban Mapping - provides in-depth neighborhood data such as crime, demographics, school performance, economic indicators and more.
• Waze - offers real-time maps and traffic information based on crowd sourced data.
While Apple has reportedly signed on to continue using Google Maps, the company has publicly revealed that it's working on a traffic service for iOS users and its acquisitions and hirings suggest a full blown maps solution.
Send us a story or tip @ TipsForLimerain.email@example.com and follow our pages for the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at @iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
And like our Facebook page www.iPodSets.com
- Posted using my iPhone 4