DollyCam is an app for the iPhone and iPad that records videos then stabilizes them to remove camera shake.
DollyCam also corrects wobble caused by the camera's rolling shutter. The resulting videos are much smoother than the original recordings and are more pleasant to watch.
When stabilizing a video black borders might appear. DollyCam solves this problem using two different techniques:
- Zooming: DollyCam chooses a suitable zoom level depending on how your device was moved during recording
- Extrapolation: DollyCam extrapolates each frame of the video to fill the black borders
- Full 30 fps video recording in HD (720p), VGA (480p) and HVGA (360p) resolutions
- Video stabilization
- Rolling shutter correction
- Zoom adaptively to reduce black borders (optional)
- Extrapolation to reduce black borders (optional)
- Export videos to your camera roll
- iPhone 4
- iPad 2
DollyCam was developed at Linköping University as a part of the project Virtual Global Shutters for CMOS Cameras. Project homepage: http://www.liu.se/forskning/foass/per-erik-forssen/VGS
You can purchase DollyCam from the App Store for $2.99.
Send us a story or tip @ TipsForLimerain.email@example.com and follow our pages for the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at @iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
And like our Facebook page www.iPodSets.com
- Posted using my iPhone 4