Chronic DevTeam just released the new greenpois0n update, which will allow us to apply an untethered jailbreak to our iOS devices running iOS 4.2.1 ( and iOS 4.1.1 ). At the moment, the tool is available only for mac users, but windows and probably linux support will come soon…
1. Download greenpois0n ( mirror download )
2. Restore your iOS device to iOS 4.2.1. Note: if you need to unlock do not do this. Restoring to a stock FW will upgrade your baseband and you will loose the ability to unlock – probably forever.
3. Connect your iPhone and load greenpois0n
4. Click on Jailbreka and follow the instructions on the screen to put your iOS in recovery mode
5. Once in recovery mode, an automated process will start and will jailbreak your device.
6. After the jailbreak is done, you will have a new application on your springboard called Loader. Use it to install Cydia, then it will ask you if you want to remove it. You can, or you can keep it for nostalgia. A quick re-spring, and you now have Cydia. You know what to do next.
The custom animated bootlogo is bulit in right now. To apply our own custom animated bootlogos we will need an additional Cydia application which is not available at the moment. We will keep you informed. Stay tuned…
Download RedSn0w from here
For all of those who are experiencing problems and or errors downloading and installing Cydia
reboot your device once and then just open and reopen the loader until you see Cydia is there then download it, if you get errors while downloading its ok, just try again, it took us a enormous amount of tries until we finally got Cydia to download(we didn't have a computer present after we jailbroke the device or we could have used the next solution) we have learned from MuscleNerd that you can run redsn0w to install Cydia, redsn0w will not tether your device, it will just install Cydia, just make sure you deselect everything just install Cydia, and it works the other way around, if you already used redsn0w to jailbreak tethered then run Greenpois0n and it will untether your jailbreak.
MuscleNerd "@pod2g (but those with tethered redsn0w JB can just go ahead and run GreenPois0n over it, since they don't interact in that setup)"
MuscleNerd "@pod2g yes those untethered via Monte gotta restore first for sure! That's where RedSn0w and GreenPois0n do interact with each other."
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4