Apple has released a Verizon Carrier Update for the iPhone to fix an issue which could cause your device to use cellular data while on Wi-Fi.
This carrier settings update resolves an issue in which, under certain circumstances, iPhone 5 may use Verizon cellular data while the phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Follow these instructions to install the update.
● Tap Settings > General > About.
● Wait for the following alert to appear:
● Tap OK to install the update.
● Hold the Sleep/Wake button down until you see "slide to power off".
● Slide to power off.
● After the device powers off, hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn your phone back on.
Note: To finish the installation of the update, your iPhone 5 must be turned off and then on again.
After your iPhone restarts, tap Settings > General > About, then scroll down to Carrier and verify that "Verizon 13.1" is displayed.
You can follow Limerain on Twitter, Facebook, or RSS to be notified of any updates.
Send us a story or tip @ TipsForLimerain.email@example.com and follow our pages for the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at @iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
And like our Facebook page www.iPodSets.com
- Posted using my iPhone 4