Renkara Media Group has released a new language app that teaches Japanese kanji using engaging visual mnemonics. Instead of using traditional rote memorization, KanjiPictoGraphix offers a different, visual approach where vivid illustrations are used to associate a kanji with its meaning. Each drawing closely resembles and captures the meaning of a kanji. When seeing the kanji on its own, the drawing is recalled automatically, along with its associated meaning.
KanjiPictoGraphix contains 611 of the Joyo Kanji, the guide to characters compiled by the Japanese Ministry of Education. Learning these kanji is an excellent step towards mastering written Japanese. For each of these kanji, stroke diagrams are included, as well as the on yomi and kun yomi readings presented in both kana and romanji. Each kanji includes additional related vocabulary.
"KanjiPictoGraphix is an innovative and captivating way to learn Japanese kanji. The mnemonic illustrations are simply gorgeous and really draw the student into the language and introduce kanji characters in a dynamic and memorable fashion," said Charles Sieg, President of Renkara Media Group. "We designed KanjiPictoGraphix to be entertaining as well as educational, helping students discover the underlying relationships between characters by exploring themes and similarities without the constraints of traditional methods."
Popular features of KanjiPictoGraphix include:
* Original Color Illustrations - 611 beautifully drawn illustrations make learning kanji a visual delight
* Optimized Artwork for the Retina Display - High-resolution artwork is provided to take advantage of the gorgeous Retina Display
* Helpful Mnemonics - Each kanji has a thoughtful and memorable mnemonic
* Comprehensive Stroke Diagrams - Stroke diagrams are included for each kanji. The strokes are highlighted with an indication of where to begin each. In total, almost 3,000 diagrams have been rendered
* Vocabulary - Vocabulary words are provided for each kanji. The application contains over 3,600 total vocabulary terms
* Pronunciations - On yomi and kun yomi kana readings are included in kana and in romanji
* Logical, Thematic, and Structural Organization - Kanji are organized by elements, stroke count, color, grade, and pack
* Search and Sort - Search kanji by English or Japanese readings, or by Joyo number. Sort kanji by stroke count, color, grade, or pack
* Comprehensive Guide - Built-in documentation helps you get started quickly and learn the essentials of kanji and Japanese
* Self-Contained - All content is contained within the application - no network connection is required
"KanjiPictoGraphix is intuitive, comprehensive, and flexible. The app helps students master kanji at their own pace using proven mnemonics to increase retention and recall," said Charles Sieg. "With stroke diagrams, extensive vocabulary, and pronunciations, KanjiPictoGraphix is a powerful resource for anyone learning Japanese, regardless of current proficiency."
Pricing and Availability:
KanjiPictoGraphix 1.0 is priced at $12.99 (USD) and is available for immediate download exclusively through Apple's iTunes App Store in the Education category.
You can follow Limerain on Twitter, Facebook, or RSS to be notified of any updates.
Send us a story or tip @ TipsForLimerain.firstname.lastname@example.org and follow our pages for the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at @iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
And like our Facebook page www.iPodSets.com
- Posted using my iPhone 4