Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Low Sharp Display Yields May Cause Shortages of New Retina Display iPad Mini

The new Retina Display iPad mini may be in short supply due to poor yields of Sharp display panels, according to a DigiTimes report. The panels are based on the company's Oxide TFT process.

LG Display (LGD) is another supplier 7.9-inch Retina panels, the sources noted. LGD uses a-Si process and accounts for about 60% of the panels supplied for use in Apple's iPad mini with Retina display, with Sharp accounting for 40%, the sources said. AU Optronics (AUO) and Innolux have tried to obtain orders for 7.9-inch Retina panels from Apple but failed, the sources added.

For the iPad Air, LG is said to supply 60% of the panels with Samsung supplying the remaining 40%. The iPad Air is set for release on November 1st. The iPad mini with Retina Display will be available later in November.

You can now download the new Limerain App and follow Limerain on the go. Also follow Limerain on TwitterFacebook, or RSS to be notified of any updates.

*thanks iclarified*

Send us a story or tip @

- Posted using my iPhone 5s

No comments:

Post a Comment